1. PURPOSE OF JOB
The main purpose of the job is to create, maintain and develop all forms of communication to inform stakeholders about the improvement works to the Seven Dials area, and to raise the profile of the project amongst its stakeholders.
The overall objectives of the Seven Dials scheme are to remove the existing physical and traffic management measures which prevent cyclists being able to move easily through this area of Bath City Centre, whilst also improving the movement of pedestrians and the quality of the public realm. The concept is to provide a shared-space scheme where pedestrian and cycle routes converge with a busy flow of vehicular traffic, and provide a contra-flow cycle facility on each of the highway approaches.
Develop a close working relationship with the press office and assist project managers throughout the scheme to plan and manage their press releases, public exhibitions/ events and engagements. Take all calls from public and stakeholders and be responsible for all communications externally to Stakeholders.With the assistance of other web authors (FrontPage editors), maintain and develop the web site on the Internet and B&NES Intranet site to deliver the vision :
“We will have a public web site that is up to date, meaningful to the public, easy to use and interactive. Our intranet site will be the first choice source of reference for all staff.”
the role of Information Manager. Act as a conduit for information, policy
and advice about the project.
To take responsibility for the
content, accuracy and consistency of scheme published web content.
· Ensuring that information is given a finite shelf life, reviewed and updated by liaising with managers responsible for producing or determining the content of publications or web pages.
· Promoting ownership of information content.
· Ensuring that future needs for information are identified by working closely with officers responsible for operational services and planning across all sections of the service. To commission relevant officers to produce new text; this will include the provision of advice to managers and will require the post holder to assist in the writing and production of certain documents and web pages.
· Approving project web pages ensuring that they comply with agreed standards have appropriate links and sit comfortably within the service information strategy.
· Consistence and ease of navigation of web pages for the service
· That information is available at all service locations
· That all information is readily available in accessible formats
with officers in similar roles in the Council to ensure best practice is
closely with the Bath & North East Somerset Disability Equality Forum
to ensure disability groups are kept involved and informed in an
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are specified by the Seven Dials Transport Project Manager and which are commensurate with the level of the post.
job description only contains the main accountabilities relating to the post
and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out