1. To carry out all tasks in accordance with Legislation, Council and Department policies, with specific reference to the Operations Procedure Manual and Children’s Plan/Strategies, the policy/guidance of the Barnsley Safeguarding Children Board and guidance issued by the Department for Children, Schools and Families and Department of Health.
2. To take the lead, with supervision and direction from managers, in the development and delivery of an evidence based, local Carer Recruitment Campaign for both Fostering and Adoption.
3. To be aware of the national issues in Fostering and Adoption Recruitment and ensure local developments take recognition of this.
4. To promote Fostering and Adoption through media, events and conferences
5. To identify, build networks and attend community events where effective Fostering and Adoption publicity can take place.
6. To deal with enquiries received as a result of the recruitment campaigns and provide basic information on Fostering and Adoption
7. To monitor and track potential Fostering and Adoption enquiries
8. To be responsible for coordinating and developing the Carer Recruitment campaign for the Foster Service and Adoption Service, and evaluating each method of the recruitment within the campaign in relation to the success of those being approved as Foster Carers and Adoptive Carers.
9. To design, co-ordinate, plan, implement and monitor general publicity and advertising for both Fostering and Adoption services.
10. To be responsible for producing, co-ordinating, planning and evaluating all Fostering and Adoption advertisements and recruitment campaigns.