To support the Legal Services Manager to provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective legal service to the Client.
To have primary responsibility for the provision of legal advice and assistance in the following areas: all types of matters relating to planning law and practice arising from the exercise of the Client’s planning functions, including, information governance and corporate matters.
To be responsible for the management of the Lawyer Planning/Corporate and any other staff assigned to assist the post holder in carrying out the above duties
To deputise for the Legal Services Manager.
1. To provide legal advice to Officers and Members relating to planning work.
2. To undertake a personal caseload of complex planning matters.
3. To negotiate, draft and complete all types of more complex agreements and other legal documentation, including section 106 agreements, enforcement notices and compulsory purchase orders.
4. To attend the Client’s Planning Committee and other meetings to provide legal support and advice to Officers and Members as required in respect of the areas of law which fall within the post holder’s area of responsibility, and across the range of local authority functions.
5. To deal with judicial reviews and other statutory challenges, which relate to the Client’s Planning functions.
6. To work in liaison with the Senior Lawyer Regeneration to assist with major development projects and attend project meetings as required.
7. To ensure the proper conduct of planning inquiries, including to act as an advocate on behalf of the Client where appropriate, at public hearings and in relevant courts and tribunals and instruct counsel to attend as necessary.
8. To advise on information law and Corporate Law and to draft any documentation required.
9. To keep up to date with developments in the relevant areas of law and provide that information to relevant senior Client Officers and members of the Legal Services Unit as necessary.
10. To draft reports, review, comment on and prepare legal implications for reports to the Client, its Executive, full Client, other Client committees and other Officer/Member level meetings.
11. To represent the Executive Head of Governance as required in proceedings, internal and external meetings and to establish good working relationships with other departments and outside bodies.
12. To be responsible for the management, development and training of the Lawyer Planning/Corporate, including managing their performance.
13. To provide advice and assistance to and, where necessary, supervise, other members of the legal team in relation to the relevant areas of law within the post holder’s responsibility. In particular, to assist the Trainee Solicitors to acquire skills and knowledge in relation to Information law and Corporate matters relating to the functions of the Client.
14. To comply with the Service's objectives in relation to the achievement and maintenance of Practice Management Standards accreditation (Lexcel).
15. To deputise for the Legal Services Manager where necessary.
16. To assist the Legal Services Manager in developing the use of Iken case management system, the implementation of Service Level Agreements, time costing and effective procedures and reporting processes on the performance of the legal work within the post holders area of responsibility.
17. To maintain a record of all training and development undertaken.
18. At all times to follow the requirements and obligations of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the specific Health and Safety Guidelines produced by the Client.
19. At all times to observe and follow both the spirit of and specific obligations placed on all staff by the Client’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
20. To undertake such other tasks commensurate with the post holder’s experience and qualifications as may be allocated from time to time by the Legal Services Manager.
This is a politically restricted post
If you are interested then please contact me via phone or email.