Website Administrator/Publications Assistant
We are looking for an assistant to support the work of the Promotions Officer, who is responsible for communications and marketing for the Early Years, Childcare and Family Support teams within the Children and Families section at Ealing Client.
Supporting our revamped website
1. To gather content and write copy for the website which is being revamped. And to support the transfer of usable content from the existing site to the new, using both the existing site’s content management system and the new site’s admin system (following training).
2. Training colleagues in our 27 children’s centres to use the new content management system to manage their centre’s own webpage on the site.
3. Supporting the children’s centre administrators in maintaining their pages including working with the Promotions Officer to help each centre standardise their downloadable activity programmes.
4. To organise the department’s existing bank of images, source new images, including organising accounts with online image-banks.
5. To support in organising new photography including commissioning the photographer and attending the photo shoot to ensure permission forms are signed by parents and that the photographer is clear on what we need to achieve.
Publications & merchandise
6. To help manage the on-site store of publications stock, re-order from the
warehouse as necessary. Place warehouse orders for bulk deliveries as required.
7. To replenish the stock of our key campaign publications in the public reception area, managing the display of publications there and in our communal kitchen/information points on each floor.
8. To support the ordering of new merchandise and management of the merchandise stock such as promotional pens, tshirts etc.
Marketing & mailing lists
9. To support the Publications Officer in establishing a mailing database and keeping it up-to-date to ensure promotional mailings in future are as successful as possible and names and addresses are up-to-date.
The database will cover childcare providers, GP surgeries, schools, family support organisations etc.
10. To organise and maintain the archive of printed materials ensuring we keep file copies of everything produced.
Skills and experience
· Experience in updating a website using a content management system with the necessary people skills to be able to train others.
· Some writing for the web experience, in particular using plain English. Therefore, good use of written English essential.
· Basic Adobe Photoshop experience for resizing, cropping and minor adjustments to images.
· Good organisational skills to support managing records where attention to detail is crucial such as the image bank, mailing lists etc.
· Experience in dealing with service providers and suppliers, in particular managing orders and the resulting paperwork.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and wants to put in the effort to do a thorough job in all areas. Someone with basic skills that they are willing and able to develop. Or someone with proven experience in the areas outlined.
This role requires a good people person and team-player happy to get involved where necessary to reach a good conclusion with the task or project at hand.
If you are interested then please contact me via phone or email.