1. Monitor, review and develop the effectiveness of services, systems, processes and records, suggesting improvements to ensure best value for stakeholders and customers.
2. Act as the key customer contact for designated service area(s) and develop good working relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners.
3. Undertake research, analysis and reporting of financial and management information.
4. Assist with the induction of new colleagues and provide cover for senior staff as and when appropriate.
5. Represent the team at internal and external meetings, working groups and project teams as required and brief senior staff on decisions made and issues requiring resolution.
6. As directed by senior staff, provide financial training, support and induction to finance for finance staff and customers of financial services, for example, budget managers and school bursars.
7. Prepare annual revenue and capital estimates in accordance with approved plans and policies, in consultation with departmental budget managers, ensuring compliance with corporate procedures, timescales and financial regulations.
8. Support and advise budget managers in managing, monitoring and reporting on financial performance and provide financial forecasts including unit costing data and savings/efficiency analyses.
9. Undertake regular financial reconciliations.
10. Undertake the closing of accounts promptly and in accordance with best professional standards and statutory requirements.
11. Establish and quantify financial risks and pressures in current and future years and support the production of departmental Medium Term Financial Plans .
12. Contribute in the production of business cases using financial modelling techniques, as appropriate, assessing and highlighting financial implications.
13. Complete financial returns and processes including for example, grant claims and VAT self certification.If you are interested then please contact me via phone or email.