We are currently looking for an Assistant Engineer (Roads ) in Birmingham, to assist senior members of the team in all activities relating to the value management, design and contract preparation of highway schemes.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
· Assisting in the preparation of Road Renewal and/or Improvement designs
· Preparing technical reports
· Dealing with project related correspondence
· Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief
· Undertake site surveys when required
· Assisting in project administration and control including monitoring of costs and programme
· Work in collaboration with the other divisions including Commercial and Delivery
· Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
· Some experience in the detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement schemes, preferably on the Highways Agency’s Road Network.
· HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
· Knowledge of highway’s assets and the appropriate solutions for renewal or improvement
· Experience using quality, environmental and health and safety legislation and management systems, particularly CDM 2007