We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Traffic Design Engineer within our Client's Traffic team based in Salford. The role will involve the responsibility of project delivery including delivery of traffic schemes - design, client liaison and full financial management.
As Traffic Engineer, you will:
- Lead in the delivery of Traffic Engineering projects ensuring quality and timely delivery are at the forefront - traffic assessments, traffic improvement schemes including resident parking, traffic management and traffic calming (inc. Feasibility).
- Advise on and deliver Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO), including bus lanes and other restrictions.
- Ensure they are fully conversant with company requirements and in sound project management.
- Manage Traffic schemes from a financial aspect; estimating staff costs / timescales for design work and monitoring/management of project finances.
- Review of Transport modelling outputs.
- Ensure all projects/services are delivered in accordance with Client's BMS system.
Your experience will include
- Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline or be working toward a degree in relevant discipline.
- Have a working knowledge and experience of current Traffic / Traffic Engineering technical and legal requirements and practices.
- Be competent in the development of traffic engineering schemes including Road Layout design, Road Safety and cycleway design in accordance with MCHW.
- Have an up-to-date working knowledge of the design standards for traffic signs and road markings and for implementing successful cycling schemes.
- Experience of the design of traffic signals.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD, keysigns and keylines.
- Be proficient in a wide range of IT Skills including Microsoft office.
- The ability to demonstrate financial understanding of project delivery.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.