We are currently looking for an
ambitious individual looking to build their reputation and portfolio of
experience in a successful, rapidly growing consultancy based in the North
As Public Rights of Way Officer you
- Carry out site inspections and ensure that the
Authority statutory responsibilities for public rights of way are
implemented on the ground by negotiation with landowners and stakeholders.
- Organise work programmes in line with an
agreed statement of priorities, within allocated budgets and legal
responsibilities to ensure that rights of way are open and available.
- Deliver necessary maintenance works through
contractor district, landowners and volunteers and ensuring that the
authority meets its legal responsibilities with regard to procurement,
health and safety and provision of plans of underground services.
- Monitor quality of work by contractors and
private landowners to ensure the best value and maintain accurate records,
files and statistics for a range of rights of way activities.
- Respond to enquiries from all stakeholders
about rights of way matters and ensure that they are dealt with in an
- Be familiar with and able to operate the IT
systems used within the group insofar as this is necessary for the
efficient carrying out of the range of duties allocated to the post.
- In the carrying out of the duties of the post,
at all times to think creatively about ways to increase efficiency and
improve the service given and bring forward ideas and suggestions to the
notice of the management team.
Your experience will include:
- Some experience of a wide range of rights of
way /access management and maintenance issues.
- The experience of handling people in difficult
circumstances using tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge and understanding of land management
- Ability to maintain computerised records and
write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to undertake regular site visits in
the alone working situation which may involve difficult or uneven terrain.
- Relevant Degree or HND (or Equivalent) in
Environmental, Countryside or Transport/Engineering related discipline or
PROW /Countryside Access experience within a local authority or charity