· Ideally a Chartered Engineer (may accept a suitably experienced Incorporated Engineer)
· Evidence of good working experience in design using DMRB
· Evidence of having a leading role in highway improvement schemes in excess of £1m and up to £15m
· Evidence of managing projects using NEC 3 contracts.
· Evidence of managing project budgets, programmes and risks.
· Evidence of excellent communication skills
· Ability to drive a project forward to meet tight deadlines
· Experience in delivery of purely Bridge schemes is not relevant.
· Experience in management of staff (In this case – it may be managing a Snr Engineer (see below) or the direct management of 2 graduates & 1 Engineer.
· Ideally – but not essential – would be to have experience working for (eg a consultant) or within a Local Authority.
· £10m highway improvement scheme as part of the University Quarter Investment Programme.
· Works primarily on Leek Rd corridor, Network Rail Land and will involve 3rd party land acquisition.
· 3 junction improvements, road widening, large piled retaining walls, high quality public realm, 2 new car parks.
· Post will undertake mainly a Project Management Role.
To apply please send your most recent CV to Consultant, Michael Wilde - email@example.com.