Reporting to: Senior Engineer
Job Purpose (brief description of role): To deliver technical outputs of projects or service areas
to the meet the client’s brief.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
1. Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited
to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies,
preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction
inspection and supervision.
2. Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
3. Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval.
4. Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to
5. Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
6. Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM Responsibilities, as well as
relevant company procedures.
7. Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s systems and procedures,
including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
8. Be a proactive and collaborative team member.
9. Contribute to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
10. Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards
11. Take responsibility for own personal development with the support of line manager,
following an agreed programme.
12. Assist in the development of other team members (e.g. Assistant Engineers/Graduate
13. Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other
employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety
responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
14. Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
Qualifications A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
Working towards a chartered / incorporated status of a relevant
Have substantial knowledge of, and experience in, design of highway
improvement and maintenance schemes to UK standards.
Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management
systems & processes used within a similar business.
Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and
Experience of working on design and build contracts (desirable)
Skills / Ability
Ability to act as competent designer.
Fluent written and spoken English.
Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary,
you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
To apply please send your most recent CV to Consultant, Michael Wilde - firstname.lastname@example.org.