Role: Data Centre Engineer
Location: Greater London
Rate: £37 per hour Inside IR35
London Borough of Camden require a Data Centre Engineer with specific O365 Exchange Administration and MS Exchange 2016 on premise expertise. The engineer will be accountable for reviewing all settings and making any recommendations for changes, along with supporting evidence. Will have the responsibility to ensure HLDs and LLDs are kept up to date. This role will be the main Exchange and Unified communications contact. Key responsibilities • Review all current Exchange and Security and Compliance settings.
• Make recommendations to either keep or change the setting. • Document settings, describe how the settings works and why it is recommended.
• Check the expected outcome with settings and report any issues and manage the call with Microsoft Premier Support.
• Look at all security and compliance reporting services and make recommendations as how the outputs can be managed on a routine basis. Produce associated guidance.
• Review audit logs, how they are set up, what they show and how they can be used to assure and improve the service
• Manage calls relating to Exchange and Security and Compliance Portal, ensuring helpdesk tool and office staff are kept up to date.
• Lead on Security related incidents, liaising with Technical lead and the 2nd Line Service desk as necessary.
• Recommend and produce a set of Management Information on a regular basis, in liaison with existing staff. • Put controls in place for non-standard users.
• Use eDiscovery for conducted specific investigations. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
• Advanced knowledge of the Office 365 Exchange Online Administration Centre as well as the Security and Compliance portal
• Awareness and understanding of what configurations and settings are available and the purpose it serves.
• Understanding the consequences when applying/removing Office 365 settings. • Unified communications with MS Lync 2013 Exchange integration knowledge.
• A good understanding of eDiscovery and EOP. Experience with Mimecast.
• DLP and AIP configuration experience.
• Proven advance PowerShell scripting expertise.
• Azure AD connect, DNS, LDAP, SMTP relays, DKIM, DMARC and security token service knowledge.
• Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
• Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely. For example, explaining a complex (technical) issue in plain English.
• Production of support documentation and training materials for both internal support teams and senior stakeholders. • Being able to deliver training to colleagues and customers;
• Experience of managing a complex and demanding workload.