Role: I.T Business Analyst
Rate: £28 per hour Inside IR35
Working to the Market Development Manager to provide timely, accurate analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative market intelligence that enables the Council to ensure that commissioning decisions result in improved outcomes for residents, secure value for money and contribute to the development of a sustainable, high quality and diverse local market.
This post will manage the timely flow of business intelligence information to users across the department, including service managers and Senior Management Teams
Allocated Duties May Include:
- Providing expert analysis and advice to aid the strategic decision making process including high quality trend data and forecasts
- Ensuring that financial and performance metrics are establish, routinely monitored and used to drive service and outcome improvements
- Managing the timely flow of business intelligence information to users across the department, including service managers and Senior Management
- Establishing and maintaining business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, and other methods in close collaboration with staff across the division, embedding these within the service’s operating model.
- Establish and maintain effective systems to analyse, inform and influence departmental buying behaviour and improve the department’s understanding of the market for care and support services for children, adults and families.
- Support the development of IT systems, record keeping, procedures, protocols, agreements and reporting systems as appropriate, ensuring that this is fully embedded within the department’s case and information management arrangements.
- develop, collate and monitor commissioning service performance indicators ensuring accurate and reliable data is provided to both internal and external stakeholders, working in close collaboration with departmental performance, safeguarding and strategy leads.
- Responsible for the identification and tracking of benefits delivered through improved commissioning and procurement.
- Challenge departmental and divisional performance information with high quality data, benchmarking performance against sector leaders to ensure continuous improvement and best in class achievements
- Support the drive for quality and value for money across the commissioning function through undertaking gap analysis and developing robust quality management systems, ensuring that these are informed by and shape the departmental performance framework.
- Deal with complex enquiries, prepare correspondence and provide high level advice and analysis to Managers in relation to the market, including preparation of briefing papers, reports and other information.
- Participate in and, on occasions lead, cross-departmental projects, consisting of flexible, outcome-based, fixed-life project teams to deliver the rapid changes required by the new local and national policy and financial frameworks.