Role: Information Systems Leader
Rate: £280 to £300 per day Inside IR35
The post holder will undertake the following duties and responsibilities
- The execution of plans to deliver new projects and warehouse maintenance within agreed timescales.
- Working with the team to provide a stable and accurate platform from which the Analytics Directorate can service the Trust’s reporting needs.
- Maintaining the integrity of the Data Warehouse so that it is accepted as the central source of data for the DSCRO
- Contribute to trouble shooting as particular problems or incidents occur.
- Contribute to the ETL processes for data from all sources
- Contribute to troubleshooting and fix any problems that arise in these processes. Support writing or amending procedures for loading data into the databases where appropriate.
- Supporting monitoring and maintaining the integrity of the data in the databases.
- Support monitoring database performance and monitoring disk space usage and perform general “housekeeping” on the server.
- Support start up and shut down of the databases.
- Contribute to maintaining user accounts and security.
- Process the data for uploading to reporting tools.
- Ensure that data standards are adhered to and monitor data quality of all data sources, producing error reports on a regular basis to enable remedial action to be taken as necessary.
- Take prime responsibility for being the source of information for the CSU on all documents published relating to data definitions and data handling procedures and policies.
- Implement nationally agreed data definitions, Information Standard Board (ISBs), changes to the NHS Data Dictionary and CDS.
- Carry out ad-hoc queries for reports or data extracts from the database in response to requests when time and opportunity permit.
- Provide input to the specification, selection, implementation of software products, including database management systems, operating systems and applications from third party suppliers. To provide input to business cases and project plans for the development of new systems \ applications. To develop the future systems architecture and manage the migration from current to future systems architectures.
- The post holder is required to follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in their work and take responsibility for maintaining their personal training in the use of SOPs as part of their annual training and development plan.