Role: Payroll Officer
Salary: £10-£13 p/hr
Job type: Contract
To undertake work associated with the payment of salaries and wages to the officers and members of Redditch Borough Council, Bromsgrove District Council and Wyre Forest District Council and the payment of creditors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake duties associated with the payment of salaries and wages and the processing of suppliers orders and invoices.
- To assist the Payroll Team Leader and Senior Payroll Officer in the processing of all monthly and fortnightly payrolls.
- To deal with queries from staff and suppliers regarding the payment of salaries, wages and creditors and to liaise with directorates and external organisations on related matters.
- To deal with enquires from the Inland Revenue and the Department of Works & Pensions.
- To input mileage claims and other expenses claims submitted by claimants.
- To ensure that key dates relative to all payroll and creditor payments and are adhered to.
- To facilitate any payments over of deductions made, to the appropriate bodies, as directed by the Payroll Team Leader and/or Senior Payroll Officer .
- To undertake payroll related surveys
- To liaise with external audit staff on payment related matters as directed by the Payroll Team Leader and/or Senior Payroll Officer
- To assist in reconciling and clearing control suspense accounts. .
- To exercise proper integrity and respect of confidential matters and personal information obtained during the execution of the duties of this post.
- To participate actively and constructively as a member of the Section.
- To ensure that service performance targets, service standards and service agreement requirements are met, through continuous improvement
- To regularly update the Financial Services Manager on performance targets, and monitoring data
- To training other members of staff
- An outline of the main or key duties and responsibilities which the post holder needs to undertake to deliver the Job Purpose (using the following headings as appropriate).