Role: SQL Server Engineer
Duration: 3 months+
The National Wales Informatics Service (NWIS) incorporates a National Programme to develop new methods, tools and information technologies to transform health services for the people of Wales. Its aim is to modernise health service delivery, promoting new ways of working through better access to information and knowledge for shared decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop, maintain and initiate relationships with customers and suppliers, where appropriate provide them with expert advice, guidance and support. Attend and represent NWIS at various National and Welsh NHS Steering and User Groups and where required to both present and interpret complex IT and clinical/business systems. Plan, prepare & carry out complex business & technical presentations to user groups, senior NHS managers & Welsh Assembly Government.
- Provide support and advice for existing SQL Server deployments.
- Work with design team to ensure effective implementation and acceptance into service of new systems.
- As part of SQL Server implementations, work with the NWIS Service Management team to ensure that the appropriate ITIL based Service Management processes are in place to support the new service, once live.
- To attend, Service Level Agreement and Operation Service Agreement meetings with the NWIS Service Management team and customers. To provide service based metrics for these meetings, evaluate customer feedback and schedule action plans accordingly.