Role: Technician Engineer
Rate: £100 per day Inside IR35
To support the delivery of the engineering outputs to enhance capability and reputation; and to repair, maintain and/or improve the quality of it's products, services and advice to customers. To support the development of work plans, including identification of improvements to systems, capabilities and/or process. To use existing and emerging engineering practice to support the delivery of the work plans, which repair, maintain and/or improve systems and products and provide advice and services for the benefit of customers. To contribute to the generation and presentation of documentation and reports internally and externally in order to meet the needs of the customer, including; maintaining capability, integrity, standards; and/or communicating advice and knowledge and/or promoting reputation. To support other team members to improve the effectiveness of the team. To carry out continuing professional development in line with current and future needs.
• 1st & 2nd line maintenance and rectification of all Major & Minor ASE, Service applied electrical equipment, Aircraft batteries and MT Vehicles.
• Ensuring that correct engineering practices and standards are maintained IAW current AP’s and technical publications.
• Ensuring that all engineering maintenance documentation is maintained and complete IAW current AP’s and technical publications.
• Ensure that the Stations Health & Safety and environmental policy are adhered to at all times
• Ensuring the RAF’s and MOD’s equal opportunity policy is adhered to.
• Any other tasks as directed by OC, WO, FS or Trade Manager’s in GEF.
• Experience of working within the defence Aviation Environment.
• Experience of Airfield Support Equipment repair and maintenance.
• Experience of Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solutions (JAMES) desirable.
• Driving Licence
• Good Team Worker.
• Microsoft IT literate.
Routine maintenance of Airfield Support Equipment electrical systems. Diagnosis and repair of ASE within a bay environment and, where required, at the front line customer around Stn.