- Finance and Procurement
Location: St Albans
Rate: £28 per hour Inside IR35
To hold responsibility for the Council’s capital accounting arrangements ensuring all of the Council’s statutory financial and accounting requirements are met.
To support the Team Leader Systems in the provision of all of the professional financial services for which they are responsible
1) Ensure effective Balance Sheet and Revenue & Expenditure management in accordance with the Local Government Accounting regulations.
2) Provide specialist accounting advice and guidance to Managers, Heads of Service and Members on all Capital related activity: e.g. budget monitoring, capital funding, financial systems, project management, and financial governance arrangements.
3) Research, analyse, evaluate and interpret financial information to provide economically viable solutions to service issues on capital related matters.
4) Suggest and manage improvements to accounting procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
5) To liaise with other professional officers in areas such as estate management with regard to asset valuations, revaluations, asset records etc. to ensure efficient and accurate records are maintained.
6) To manage completion of government returns for capital and revenue.
7) To effectively manage treasury management related operations as required including planning, preparing and updating the Treasury Management Strategy and related documents. Assisting the Team Leader Financial Controls and the Insurance Officer when required with any appropriate duties such as collection fund, payroll supervision, bank reconciliations, Insurance & Car leasing.