- Finance and Procurement
Role: Change Manager
Location: Greater London
Rate: £220 per day Inside IR35
Project Manager/ Change Manager
The Procurement team at LBWF provides services for both Waltham Forest and Redbridge Councils with a combined spend of around £500m. The Procurement Improvement Plan (PIP) is a series of 12 interrelated improvements being led by Procurement. Some are around our processes and most impact our users/customers in directorates across both Councils and many involve behavioural change. These changes include: - Introducing and embedding a requirement to advertise all procurement opportunities - Implementing a Compliance Improvement Programme to address issues with Compliance and Governance of procurement - Improving our spend reporting - Creating a Supplier Improvement team and ensuring our Contracts Register is fit for purpose - Creating and cascading a Customer Charter for agreement by our internal customers - Developing and rolling out a new Council Social Value Policy The key tasks and deliverables required include:
- Creating an overall plan of activity, with timings and key deliverables/benefits and understanding and mapping interdependencies and project risks and mitigations.
- Develop a simple prioritisation model to determine the order and approach for the Improvement Projects by mapping their relative importance (benefits) to the time/effort to implement (complexity).
- Set up a project team and any associated structure/governance
- Identifying resources required and seek their engagement, setting up engagement groups within directorates
- Working closely with the Head of Procurement and Procurement management team and supporting engagement of the procurement team and wider stakeholders
- Develop a multi-tiered cross Council communication plan and helping to shape key communications.
- Ensure others are clear of timescales and deliverable required of them The individual does not have to be a procurement expert although some understanding of the procurement process would be helpful. Key attributes are the ability to shape projects, work with uncertainty and engage with a wide range of senior stakeholder, identifying and overcoming obstacles.