REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE
- Working as part of the communications team
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Answering press and media enquiries
- Creating editorial content, copywriting and proof reading
- Creating social media, online and digital communications
- Creating and implementing marketing and media campaigns
- Videography and photography skills
- Experience of working in crisis communications
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ensure that the public are both engaged in and well-informed about the council and its services by developing and implementing communication campaigns with colleagues across the council to promote and market council services; to evaluate the impact of these.
- Build strong relationships with service departments and work with colleagues across the council to identify innovation, best practice and positive messages to promote to the media and residents to build on the council's reputation.
- Maximise the council’s use of social media to build and enhance the council’s reputation and engagement with its residents and customers.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the media and partner organisations to build on the council’s excellent reputation.
- To communicate with customer at the required level or As a customer focused role be able to communicate with our customers at the agreed level
- Commitment to the Council’s Strategic Plan
- To undertake any training and development as required
- To comply fully with the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy
- To comply fully with the Council’s Health and Safety at Work Policy
- To assist as required in the Council’s Emergency Plan
- To comply fully with the Council’s IT Security Policy
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post