- Finance and Procurement
Role: Head of Governance
Rate: £250 to £350 per day Inside IR35
- To be accountable for the effective management of the people, resources and operations within the service area.
- To manage the democratic services and associated processes of the Council to ensure that the decisions of the Council are robust.
- To have oversight and responsibility for elections and electoral registration processes.
- To provide comprehensive support to Members, including the use of innovation and creativity in developing personal learning interventions in support of Members’ community and political leadership roles.
- Leading and managing the Governance & Committee Services functions which is comprised of Committee Services, the Elections Office, Member Services and Member Development.
- To deputise for the Monitoring Officer on matters relating to the Council’s formal decision making process.
- To be a member of the Legal, Governance and Workforce senior management team and to contribute to the management of the wider service.