Role: Litigation Lawyer
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £23.37 per hour
A Litigation Lawyer is required for a 12 month contract working in Salford, Greater Manchester.
The vacancy arises within the Personal Tax Litigation Team that conducts litigation in the First-tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal and higher courts. The cases within the team are of high value, high media interest or involve complex points of law and relate to all aspects of personal tax including PAYE and avoidance schemes, national insurance, pensions and residence.
The duties include
• Litigating appeals before the tax tribunals
• Conducting judicial review cases
• Conducting cases before the European courts and
• Providing all litigation support to our clients in relation to those cases
• Maintaining files to excel standard.
Our key stakeholders are officers working in policy, technical and operational teams. The work is subject to time pressure and cases are required to be kept in Lexcel compliant order with all litigation and internal deadlines met.
We are looking for intellectually capable, highly motivated lawyers with powerful oral and written communication skills. You will be working as part of a team of lawyers based in Manchester.
You need good Legal Professional Skills, including the following essential requirements:
• reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk
• sound analysis of issues
• managing a quality service for clients and
• good litigation and case management skills.
Minimum of two years litigation experience. Proven experience in managing own litigation caseload.
Experience of specific area of litigation not required but knowledge of public and tax law an advantage.
Deekay contact: Michael Wilde - 0161 747 1234