Role: Planning Lawyer
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Duration: 3 months+
A qualified Solicitor is required to join the commercial, property, and planning team based in Leicester for initially a 3 month temporary contract with possible extension. Pay rate is negotiable.
The successful applicant will have experience of undertaking planning and highways work within a
local government environment and advising upon the associated restrictions and considerations.
Summary of job tasks:
1. To advise, negotiate and act as advocate as required and to have conduct of hearings
2. To advise and service committees, joint committees, panels, advisory bodies and working parties as required.
3. To draft agreements, contracts, pleadings and other legal documents as required.
4. To assist in the appointment and instruction of external solicitors, barristers and other advisors and to monitor their performance
5. To give presentations/training on legal matters to officers, members and the public as required
6. To deputise and cover for the Head of Law and/or Principal Lawyer as required when s/he is not available.
7. To keep up to date with and provide advice on legal issues.
8. To assist in the training and supervision of less experienced staff.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
Demonstrable skills and strengths in negotiation, drafting, giving advice, persuading and influencing.
Experience of Local Government legal work in the public or private sector.
Experience of undertaking planning and highways work within a local government environment and advising upon the associated restrictions and considerations.
Recent in depth knowledge and post qualification experience in planning and highways practice and procedure.
Recent in depth knowledge and post qualification experience in local government law practice and procedure
Admitted as a Barrister, Chartered Legal Executive or Solicitor.
Must be available to start employment within four weeks of offer.
Local authority experience is desirable.
Deekay contact: Michael Wilde - 0161 747 1234