Role: Planning Litigation Lawyer
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £34 per hour
My client is one of the largest providers of legal services across government, working with over 180 government departments and agencies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified lawyer, ideally with experience of Planning litigation, to join the Planning, Infrastructure and Environment litigation team.
• Conduct of a complex Planning litigation caseload.
• Complying with tight Court and client deadlines.
• Attending Court hearings with Counsel including in the Regional Courts.
• Drafting detailed advice on legal merits, risks and litigation strategy.
• Drafting detailed instructions to Counsel.
• Assisting colleagues with their caseloads when necessary.
• Assisting with the team’s knowledge management/sharing objectives and providing input into client legal awareness projects.
• Attending and contributing to team meetings.
• Achieving personal chargeable hours targets.
• Making appropriate use of GLD’s case management system (‘CMS’) and complying with Lexcel requirements,
• Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
• Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy (with initial close supervision) but knowing when to consult and to delegate.
• Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities, including the Reporting Officer.
• Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
• Keeps case files fully updated on CMS.
• Displays an understanding of the context the client operates in.
• Displays the professional attitude that client and company expect from a member of an organisation with a high reputation.
• Adopts a style most likely to build an effective working relationship with the client.
• Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
• Acknowledges clients’ concerns and works to alleviate these in a way that balances client and Agency needs.
• Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of the client and/or the Agency.
• Helps other team members to meet tight deadlines to preserve department’s reputation.
• Display Civil Service Values, help other people, focus on customer service and look proactively for solutions.
• Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
• Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.
Deekay Contact: Michael Wilde - 0161 747 1234