Role: Project Communications Manager
Salary: £250 per day Inside IR35
Duration: 6 to 12 months
- To plan and provide strategic project communications advice and tactical delivery to support the effective promotion and successful delivery across the Council’s Northgate programme in Chester.
- To ensure residents, stakeholders, Cllrs, staff and current or potential investors are effectively communicated with, consulted, engaged and motivated.
- To work across the communications and engagement mix with Communications colleagues and those in Place and Commercial Management and Delivery, and to ensure a consistent and joined-up approach across related projects
To lead and manage all communications, both strategic and tactical, for Chester Northgate, including:
- the management and implementation of the overall communications strategy and delivery plan for the project
- effective advice and support for engagement activity to ensure residents, businesses and other stakeholders are informed and involved
- the management of key digital channels to ensure they are effective at engaging key audiences
- working closely with the Northgate/Chester city-based teams to ensure the effective co-ordination of the production of events, publications and other material to explain and promote the Council’s plans and delivery
- attending key events to promote the project to the market and potential investors
- raising the profile and success of the project locally and regionally as well as nationally among related trade press
- to successfully promote the Council’s work through proactive and reactive media handling, social media and internal channels
- ensure the project is effectively communicated as one of the Council’s key priorities working closely with the Council’s Senior Media and Communication Manager
- work alongside communication colleagues to ensure joined-up working on cross cutting projects related to investment and regeneration in Chester city centre
- regularly present updates to a number of groups including the programme team, Cllrs and other stakeholders where necessary.