Role: Property/Conveyancing Lawyer
Location: Camden, Greater London
Duration: 3 months+
Rate: £30 per hour
To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law relating to property/conveyancing. To appear in court and in chambers on litigious matters as appropriate.
To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law relating to housing and general administrative law.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To be responsible for the provision of legal advice and casework and the delivery of a high quality client focused service on behalf of the Housing Law Team
· To create effective working relationships and work in partnership with service directorates, lawyers and other teams in the delivery of legal services.
· To contribute to effective communication within the team, across Law and Governance and Service Directorates.
· To draft all necessary contracts and other documents and to provide concise and clear written and oral legal advice to officers including chief officers and Members.
· To undertake legal research where necessary and in particular in respect of new legislation.
· To work effectively with other colleagues and team members in respect of complex work or projects, including the provision of training on legal issues to internal and external persons or agencies.
· To utilise the legal case management system and assist in the implementation of any new information technology or other systems that may be necessary for the efficient working of the team/department.
· To be responsible for preparing reports for and attending committees, working parties and other meetings where legal advice is required.
· The postholder will work in the Law and Governance department within the Housing Law team reporting to the Senior Lawyer - Housing who in turn reports to the Principal Solicitor - Litigation.
· Priorities will be determined by the Senior Lawyer - Housing but a high level of initiative is expected in order for the postholder to manage their own workloads effectively
· The post will be office based and the postholder will be expected to work at other sites and provide cover for similar roles as directed
· The postholder may be required to appear in court and at chambers
· The postholder will need to ensure that their professional knowledge is kept up-to-date and undertake training as required
Local authority experience is desirable.
Deekay Contact: Michael Wilde - 0161 747 1234