- Health & social care
Role: Public Health Business Manager (Commissioning)
Urgently required experienced business manager to assist in reviewing systems and processes within the Public Health department as it undergoes a restructure. Strong administration skills, business process capabilities and self awareness are key - role reports direct to Director of Public Health. Initially three months with likely extension up to 6 months.
1. To be an integral part of the Public health Senior Management Team and the wider Public Health Team.
2. To work collaboratively with colleagues through the integrated commissioning arrangements between Public Health, Adults and Children’s Services to ensure an efficient and effective service.
3. To develop, manage and ensure appropriate systems are in place to support efficient delivery of Public Health Business.
4. To provide public health system assurance through the development and co-ordination of the Departmental Business Plan.
5. To take responsibility on a day to day basis for managing the public health budget in liaison with budget holders.
6. To be the lead interface with the Council’s resource functions, including Finance, HR, Risk Management and IT and to maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
7. To support the Director of Public Health and Consultants in Public Health in the delivery of the Public Health Business Plan to ensure targets and timescales are met.
8. To strategically manage the functions of the specialist Public Health Department.
9. To contribute to the provision of an excellent Public Health Service.
Local authority experience is desirable.
Deekay Contact: Michael Wilde - 0161 747 1234