Role: Senior Landscape Architect
Rate: £20-£24 p/hr
Highway Services is part of the Regeneration and Environment department, under the responsibility of the Assistant Director – Planning Highways and Transportation. It provides Enfield with the operational capacity to manage the Council’s highway infrastructure and
associated assets. Highway Services also provides a consultancy service for the project management, design and supervision of Environmental and Civil Engineering projects from inception to completion. The service provides professional expert advice and local
The Senior Landscape Architect will be responsible for delivering a range of complex environmental and landscaping improvement schemes from inception to completion through the application of specialist skills. Their work will include surveys, feasibility and options studies, presentations and consultation exercises, project management and financial control, design, site supervision and contract management.
To post holder will provide expert advice on all aspects of environmental and landscaping design, construction and maintenance issues relating to the authority’s own work as well as for commissions from other clients, who may be internal or external to the Council.
A key aspect of this post will be to use creativity and design flair to produce innovative and sustainable designs, and to take a leading role on the presentation and consultation on scheme proposals.
- To be able to develop innovative design proposals using a high level of creativity and design flair using independent
thinking, in order to enhance the local environment and sense of place.
- To be able to produce innovative and sustainable project proposals that meet client requirements whilst having due
regard for future maintenance and whole life costs.
- To be confident at taking a lead role in communicating and presenting scheme proposals at consultation exercises and
- An understanding of the political context and environment of a local authority, and the ability and political sensitivity to
deliver the Council’s objectives as they relate to this post.
Essential experience and Knowledge:
1. Proven knowledge and experience in delivering a range of environmental and landscaping improvement schemes from
inception to completion in an urban environment, including surveys, feasibility and options studies, project management and
financial control, design, site supervision and contract management, at a level commensurate with this post.
2. Specialist experience in preparing visual displays and graphic presentational material for scheme proposals and presenting
the scheme proposals at consultation exercises and community engagement events.
1. HNC/BSc in landscape design or other relevant and equivalent qualification (or to be able to demonstrate an equivalent
level of knowledge and expertise).
2. Member of a relevant professional organisation (or to be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise and
APPLY NOWDeekay Contact: Heather Fowler - 0161 747 1234