- Health & social care
Role: Social Workers (Child Protection)
Working within the Children's services team, providing a social work service to individual children and young people in relation to safeguarding and protection.
The overall purpose of the Social Work role within Children’s Services is to assess, risk assess and provide a service to children and their families, where possible maintaining children in their families. In situations where risk cannot be managed, to develop plans which keep children safe and able to achieve their full potential. In doing this, the Social Worker must adhere to the relevant legislation and regulation, as well as Council Policies and Procedures.
Post qualifying experience.
Experience of undertaking assessments of needs and identifying risks.
· Understanding of the needs of service users.
· Knowledge of current legislation, national guidance and best practice relevant to the post.
· Knowledge of social care needs of children and families.
Registrations, Qualifications &Training
· Appropriate social work qualification (i.e. Degree in Social Work, DipSW or equivalent).
· Registration as Social Worker with CCW/HCPC.
· This position has a requirement for an Enhanced DBS Check
· Good communication skills, written and verbal.
· Good IT skills.
· Ability to organise, prioritise and manage a caseload.
· Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and no-discriminatory practice.
· Commitment to the principle of confidentiality.
· Must have knowledge and commitment to the principles of social care as embodied in relevant legislation.
· Current driving licence and ability to travel extensively around the county.
Deekay Contact: Michael Wilde - 0161 747 1234