Role: Web Content Editor
Location: Greater London
Rate: £35 per hour
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- Develop content on the council’s new Website CMS
- Ensure content is up-to-date and current, and any third party content is in-line with the council’s corporate standards
- Review the performance of content using analytics tools to report back to project team and make changes where necessary.
- Assist in the implementation of the council’s brand across the new website
- To produce factual, accurate and engaging written copy, using plain English and following the council’s style guide.
- Ensure consistency and effectiveness of presentation across all pages.
- Produce content in a style suitable for web that complies with web accessibility best practice.
- Make certain all approved copy is proofread by another team member.
- To source and edit appropriate images for the council’s website, which accurately reflect the subject matter and are in line with corporate standards.
- Liaise with other areas of the Communications Team and wider council
- Work with council services (marketing officers, content owners) to identify and organise information into concise, well written web content.
- Co-ordinate digital communications to ensure they are consistent with campaigns commissioned by the wider Communications Team
- To maintain accurate records of all projects undertaken.
- Assure web based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Ensure correspondence with content owners is tracked and archived.
- Keep abreast of new media trends and emerging channels.
Deekay Contact: Heather - 0161 747 1234