- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Health, Safety and Compliance Manager based in Widnes for a major Aviation Services business.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (8.30am - 5.30pm)
- Carry out detailed Audits as per the Audit Programme, compile the Audit report and ensure that all Non-Conformances are raised and closed out within the agreed timescale.
- Advise upon the production and implementation of safe systems of work and the provision and use of appropriate protective equipment.
- Carry Site Inspection visits and produce detailed reports and ensure that all recommendations are implemented.
- Provide safety and compliance advice and disseminate relevant information throughout the company.
- Labour reporting and Board Safety Reports
- Keep up to date with modern processes and techniques, with special reference to safety quality environment and training.
- Maintain, develop and review the risk assessment and COSHH assessment process.
- Compile noise at work/light assessments and provide information to Site Management for the monitoring of hand arm and whole-body vibration.
- Maintain a knowledge and awareness of Industry Standards in relation to HSQE and the CAA, keeping appraised of amendments and ensuring any changes are reflected within working procedures.
- Interface with client and contractors on safety and compliance issues.
- Oversee the training department, to secure the regular mandatory training of employees and that all employees training is relevant and current.
- Complete fire risk assessments where necessary
- Complete fire and facilities audits (fire equipment)
- Maintain liaison with HR and Training departments, enforcement agencies and local authorities.
- Participate in regulatory audits including close out audit action trackers.
- Reviewing and approving Subcontractors and project specific HSQE Plans and documentation.
- Monitoring safety performance and produce reports to Board.
- Advise Project Management teams on Safety & Compliance duties and responsibilities.
- Keeping up to date with modern processes and techniques, with special reference to safety environment and training requirements.