- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Senior Transport Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Manager in Coventry for a major 3PL organisation.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday Days
- Managing a number of Team / Support Managers, Transport Clerks & Drivers including all performance / absence management to a timely fashion.
- Working closely with the local Management team, to develop and maintain Best in Class Internal Customer Relations.
- Direct interface with the customer, and their respective subsidiaries, suppliers.
- Providing leadership and effective management within the team so that all objectives and targets are achieved.
- Management of all vehicles to legal requirements, ensuring timely maintenance to keep the fleet moving
- Ensuring effective communications are developed with and between departments, business streams and customers in order to meet objectives within prescribed timescale, attending daily, weekly, monthly and all Project work stream meetings as necessary.
- Coordinating and prioritising activity across the shifts and business streams to ensure customer service requirements
- Logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi-customer environment
- Leadership qualities including the ability to enthuse and motivate
- Financial and strategic management experience and commercial awareness
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Drive, determination and a track record in delivering continuous improvement.