- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Transport Clerk
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Clerk in Dagenham for a major 3PL Organisation.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday (8am - 6pm)
- Financially aware and ensures profitability is maximised by ensuring plans are efficient, empty running is reduced and drivers and fleet is managed correctly
- Maintains on site customer relationship with Warehouse and H&S teams by ensuring that communication is good and issues are highlighted and dealt with quickly and appropriately. Provide accurate and timely reports when necessary
- Day to day execution of the plan, dealing with any issues that arise. Ensuring all deliveries and collections are made on time in full and any problems are dealt with quickly and communicated appropriately.
- Scans and processes all driver timesheets for the finance team, collecting all receipts and sending to the finance team each week.
- Scans and assign all PODs on a daily basis. Chase any missing PODs within 24 hours to ensure full compliance.
- Issues daily and weekly reports, ensuring that communication to business and customer is in a timely and appropriate manner. This includes Daily KPI’s, 2 hour updates, MPG, Agency costings, logs and reports, stats, accident, STAR and late reports and mitigations.
- Ensure all decisions are taken with full knowledge of the P&L implications to the business.
- Helps train new members of the team.
- Books servicing of trailers and units in accordance with the schedule and chases up any missing fleet in a timely manner.