- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Transport Clerk - Days & Nights
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Clerk in Rochdale for a major 3PL Organisation.
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off Days and Nights (7pm-7am / 7am-7pm)
- Contribute to the success of the site by ensuring that all POD and Return processes are carried out in accordance with the site policy documents.
- Booking in collections for customers.
- Ensure all paperwork is returned for all customer deliveries despatched from site, and chase outstanding POD’s.
- Liaising with staff at other depots and external contacts.
- Photocopying, printing, organising and storing documents and computer based information.
- Managing inbound diary for all customers.
- Inputting Over, Short and Return collections on the Company collection databases.
- Updating and monitoring collection spreadsheets.
- Supply the Warehouse team with collection details for any returns received needing the collection process to allow stock to be put away.
- Completion of all paperwork in relation to collections raise
- Investigate any collections queries.
- Monitoring daily the clean POD workflow.
- Controlling period end spreadsheets which show outstanding, POD’s.
- Compiling lists of outstanding POD’s and contacting the hauliers to request.
- Reporting the POD’s outstanding each day for the daily stock meeting.
- Flexibility within the role to be able to cover other areas of the team.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to manage their own time to achieve daily targets.
- Must be a team player that is capable of working on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Data entry speed and accuracy, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
- Have the ability to identify and suggest improvements to benefit both GBD and our customer.
- Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.