- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Transport Out-Base Manager
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Out-Base Manager for a major 3PL organisation.
Hours of work: Mon-Fri (Days)
- Ensure all company activities comply with Wincanton Health &Safety and Environmental policies, government and EU legislation and general duty of care.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development of Wincanton fleet activity, subcontract, shunting operations and customer service.
- Monitor; measure and report on operational and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Manage and motivate operational staff and drivers at all sites and out bases, recruit, train and develop staff and drivers according to company policies and employment laws and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed with reference to recruitment, discipline (up to and including dismissal), grievance, attendance, etc.
- Liaise with other departmental managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems in relation to Health & Safety performance to ensure:
- Proper and timely risk assessments and implementation of measures and safe working procedures identified as necessary from the assessments
- Incident investigation and reporting within agreed formats and timescales both internal and to external parties, e.g., HSE
- Recording and reporting of all personal injury accidents, near misses and proactive behaviours.