- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Transport Shift Manager
Salary: £32,000 (+£3,000 shift allowance)
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Shift Manager in Daventry for a major 3PL organisation.
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off Nights
You will also be responsible for an execution of the daily plan, dealing with issues that arise and ensuring all deliveries and collection are made on time in full and any problems are dealt quickly and communicated appropriately to the business and customers.
- To ensure the smooth running of the allocated Transport shift, ensuring appropriate resources (people, equipment) are available to meet planned activity levels.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation affecting transport operations.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with shift supervisors and their staff.
- Contribute to the identification, evaluation and where appropriate implementation, of improvement initiatives within the Transport operation.
- Ensure staff work to the processes and procedures relating to the Transport operation.
- Recruitment of supervisory and driver staff as required.
- Setting staff performance levels, providing feedback on achievement and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Regular communication with shift staff on departmental and shift matters.
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- You have great management skills
- You have a knowledge of transport legislation & operator licence
- You understand the financial impact on operations decisions
- You love transport management system including vehicle telematics and their effective use to deliver excellence
- You are not afraid of taking ownership to work in an autonomous capacity