- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Transport Shift Manager
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Shift Manager in Middleton for a major 3PL Organisation.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (8am - 6pm)
- Minimise cost to the business by fully utilising all resources within the team
- To ensure Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work are adhered to within the Transport Department and all areas associated with delivering to the customer through the timely and accurate reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Maintain and further develop a high level of teamwork and morale within the Department.
- To build rapport, trust and respect from the client and other internal customers.
- To meet customer needs and deadlines acting with the customer in mind.
- To motivate, develop and manage a team of 15+ support staff and in excess of 400 full time drivers or their equivalent to ensure that all Site and customer objectives are achieved.
- Planning and executing up to 200 - 250 retail routes per day.
- Oversee the management of up to 250 daily driver de-briefs, identifying and rectifying any areas of concern
- To deal with any disciplinary/absence related matters in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure legal compliance is adhered to within the Transport Department so that any audits, whether internal or external, are conducted with satisfactory results.