- Warehouse & Cargo
Role: Transport shift manager
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport shift manager in York for a major 3PL organisation.
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off nights starting at 7pm.
- Maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations.
- To ensure the smooth running of the allocated Transport shift, ensuring appropriate resources (people, equipment) are available to meet planned activity levels.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation affecting transport operations.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with shift supervisors and their staff.
- Contribute to the identification, evaluation and where appropriate implementation, of improvement initiatives within the Transport operation.
- Ensure staff work to the processes and procedures relating to the Transport operation.
- Recruitment of supervisory and driver staff as required.
- Setting staff performance levels, providing feedback on achievement and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Regular communication with shift staff on departmental and shift matters.