- Supply Chain Logistics
Role: Transport Supervisor Days/Nights
Deekay are recruiting for an experienced Transport Supervisor in Dagenham for a major 3PL Organisation.
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off Days and Nights (7pm - 7am / 7am - 7pm)
- Minimise cost to the business by fully utilising all resources within the team
- Complete KPI reports as required – these include ensuring the capture of accurate information and being aware of how incorrect information effects ESL budget performance
- Continually monitor and update the relevant transport system (GTS) ensuring delivery, cost and performance information is up to date
- Administration of the sites on site fleet records ensuring that all files are maintained to a legally compliant standard and any discrepancies well documented within
- To manage the onsite Vehicle Off Road (VOR) trailers to ensure minimal impact on the operation
- To liaise with other depots VMU (Vehicle Maintenance Units) and transport departments to acquire service documentation and arrange repatriation of trailers for service
- To be able to give a clear and concise account of the present legal status of the fleet whilst presenting to management and auditors both internal and external
- To make maintenance call outs for defects and tyres both on and off site whilst managing the timescales and communicating where necessary
- To ensure compliance through the team to the customers report and process requirements i.e. the ESL GTS system is real time with all delivery, cost and performance information
- To review processes i.e. conference call data, new store openings and store risk assessments on an ongoing basis in conjunction with your manager to ensure they are current and reflect best practice
- To lead the team on a day to day basis providing support through time management, task apportioning and decision making.