Role: Senior Transport Planner
Duration: 9 months +
MAIN PURPOSE(S) OF THE JOB:
- Assist in the development and delivery of the capital programme of transport infrastructure schemes funded by Growth Deal and HIF.
- To be responsible for providing experienced technical input to help shape transport infrastructure.
- To be responsible for the scope, evidence and planning elements of transport infrastructure schemes.
- To be responsible for the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning studies (including those conducted by external consultants) taking responsibility for their day-to-day management as required in accordance with Oxfordshire County Council’s Project Management guidelines.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits (through management of consultants)
- To liaise with the Local Planning Authorities about the schemes
- Supervise and support junior members of staff within the team
- Represent the Council at meetings, public exhibitions and other events and provide support to senior officers as appropriate.
- To be an expert witness an Examination in Public regarding planning and Compulsory Planning Order
- Work closely with Stakeholders, local Members and other organisations on scheme development and consultation, including provision of timely information in the appropriate form.