- Built Environment
Role: Assistant Manager Compliance
Salary: Up to £41k (temp to perm role)
About the job
To assist the Principal Compliance Manager with the day on day operational management of asbestos. Prepare detailed asbestos records and reports and carry out detailed contractor audits. To assist the Principal Compliance Manager and other Estates personnel in implementing standards, advising and making efficient use of all resources working within a general framework of “best value”. Responsible for managing the asbestos database and maintaining all other asbestos related records. Acts as Asbestos Project Manager for overseeing asbestos removal and remediation projects from production of specification to completion for projects funded by the asbestos compliance budget.
1. To conduct Asbestos audits on contractors, consultants and projects carrying out asbestos related services at the University for all units within Estates. To accurately log all audits and disseminate the information accordingly.
2. To be responsible for recording and updating data associated with asbestos remedial works carried out across the Estate.
3. To be responsible for managing the asbestos database, maintaining and updating archive, current and new data when necessary. Provide advice and run reports for Estates personnel when required.
4. To assist the Principal Compliance Manager to effectively direct and manage all resources allocated to the asbestos team
5. Maintain an understanding of the subject and give advice on legislation, surveys, results of analysis and/or methods of asbestos removal to personnel within Estates.
6. Have the confidence, experience and ability to attend on site emergencies and deal with them appropriately and professionally in accordance with CAR 2012.
7. To be actively involved with preparing Asbestos training material and carrying out the training to Estates personnel.
8. To produce and manage the Asbestos e-learning package on Blackboard. Legal compliance under Regulation 10 of CAR. Information, instruction and training.
9. To compile detailed incident reports in the event of ACMs being disturbed, including investigation, corrective action and recommendations.
10. Assist with the delegated asbestos budget. Prioritising works according to risk, business continuity, and statutory compliance.
11. Attend project meetings, pre start meetings and all other meetings where an asbestos or health and safety input is required.
12. Assist and contribute to the preparation of asbestos policies and procedures to ensure asbestos risks are appropriately managed.
13. Deputise for the Principal Compliance Manager when required.