Role: Assistant Natural Environment Officer
Rate: £50 p/hr
To support the development of environmental strategy and policy for Cheshire West and Chester Council and assist in the development and delivery of a targeted project based programme of activity within the borough to maintain and enhance the borough’s natural environment and maximise its natural heritage asset’s potential to add value and benefit for the sustainable economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the borough.
- Assist with the provision of technical ecological advice and support for development planning consultation in accordance with the Council’s environmental policies.
- Assist with the design and development of a bespoke range of saleable ecological service products to support Total Environment business objectives.
- Provide support for the development and delivery of a programme of Ecosystems and Biodiversity focused projects across the borough.
- Provide support for the development of environmental strategy and policy for Cheshire West and Chester within the framework of national and local policy, plans, guidance and legislation.
- Provide support for the appraisal of developmental and environmental projects by means of appropriate consultation and negotiation with interested bodies to reflect the council’s environmental policies.
- Assist in the preparation of funding applications and preparation of monitoring reports in accordance with any conditions and stipulations.
- Assist in the collection and collation of relevant data in respect of the council’s Ecosystems and Biodiversity activities and associated needs assessments and ensure all such information contributes effectively to relevant strategy and policy development and monitoring.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of project boards, committees, community stakeholder groups and national and local bodies as required.
- Provide support for the provision of professional and technical advice to other council services, the public and other organisations on relevant environmental best practice in accordance with Council environmental policies and objectives.
- Provide support for the development of the Total Environment business plan and other plans and activity programmes for the Total Environment Service as required.
Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job.
This role is a Hybrid Flexible Worker and this means that the role will be required to work from home or multiple council offices. Many services and customers span the Borough and therefore you may be required to work at any location in Cheshire West and Chester......