Role: Commercial Manager (Rail)
Location: Barnsley - willing to travel to Braintree
Main Purpose of Post:
The purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and effective management and utilisation of commercial resources within the Business Unit in order to deliver profitable performance in line with the objectives of the company business plan.
The key tasks of this role include:
- The effective recruitment, training, deployment and utilisation of commercial staff.
- Effective contribution to the maximisation of financial return on projects.
- The identification of commercial business risk and developing solutions for its minimisation.
- The review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contract and subcontract.
- Managing commercial disputes.
- Monitoring Business Unit Costs within budgetary constraints.
- Accurately defining the commercial parameters of contracts.
- Ensuring a good level of Cash flow is maintained within the Business Unit.
- The provision of commercial support and guidance to the Business Unit Management Team.
- Commercial and Contractual support to the estimating and bidding process.
- Contributing to the commercial requirements of pre-qualification and tender documents.
- Ensuring the adoption of a best practice and continuous improvement approach to all commercial processes and procedures.
- Being a visible commercial point of contact for client senior management and responding accordingly to problems.
Candidates for this role must have experience of leading a commercial team and should meet the
- Must come from a “Contracting” Background.
- Experience of Rail would also be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
- Experience of Framework Contracts would also be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
- Must possess an in depth understanding of commercial, contractual and legal processes.
- IT Literate, particularly Microsoft Office Applications.
- BSc and/or MRICS or equivalent