- Built Environment
Role: Consulting surveyor
Rate: £35 p/h
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for an experienced Chartered General Practice Surveyor whose role will be to provide a wide ranging estates service for Trafford Council through the One Trafford partnership.
The One Trafford Partnership is a long term commitment between Amey and Trafford Council across a wide range of professional and operational services. As part of the team you will also be working on a wide range of activities ranging from valuation , redevelopment and regeneration projects to general consultancy advice on property matters.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of the Estates team and will be working directly to the Account Manager responsible for delivering the estate and property service to the Council. The role will include advising the Council on valuation and regeneration/re-development matters and all related aspects including but not limited to:-
- Preparing Asset Valuations in accordance with RICS Red Book and CIPFA best practice and to meet the Council’s annual statutory requirements.
- Preparing other ad hoc valuations as required for a range of purposes including disposal , acquisition, marriage value , statutory compensation etc.
- Producing development appraisals to demonstrate residual land values and profit
- Preparing viability appraisals against various options to assess the risk and reward from proposed Council development activity.
- Reviewing and challenging the viability of appraisals submitted by developers and land owners
- Assisting with the development management process as part of the multi disciplinary team including due diligence , negotiation of terms including development agreements and general consultancy advice
- Working proactively with the wider property team and Council to identify opportunities for added value through strategic acquisition, disposal and regeneration work