- Built Environment
Knutsford WA16 6QN, UK
Role: Electrical Fitter
Salary: Up to £29,000
Job type: Permanent
- Build control panels as per drawing/specification
- Wire to safety switches, sensors ad any remote control panels as specified on the drawing, utilising conduit and trunking as necessary
- Ensure electrical safety on all machine builds
- Report any faults or shortages on build to Team/Shift Leader
- Appraise hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines’ condition/functionality to the current or required standard
- Complete final tests on all electrical work taking action to rectify any faults identified
- Ensure all wiring is numbered correctly
- Ensure all electrical connections are tight and there no loose or extraneous wires
- Conduct and inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Load and download appropriate PLC programmes as necessary to ensure correct running of the machine
- Check contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader
- Attend customer sites with the necessary tools and components to carry out service/fault finding activities with minimum disruption to the customer
- Represent the company in an efficient and professional manner, including adherence to the Company Code of Practice for conduct, appearance and transport
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications
- Adhere to customer’s factory rules and hygiene regulations and read their Health & Safety Notices to Contractors, where appropriate
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liaising with the customer as required and report findings to the Team Leader/Design Manager as appropriate
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensure that, where appropriate the escalation procedure is implemented
- Ensure that the PA service desk is continually aware of progress and issues on site and future plans
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the performance of the role.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and signing of the audit sheets
- Clock on/off jobs to enable accurate records of build times
- Attend and contribute to the daily SQCDP team meetings in order to maintain continuous improvements
- Lead SQCDP meetings in accordance with the published team rota
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with all you come into contact with
- Contribute positively to my team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of your work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.