- Built Environment
Role: Food Safety Officer
Location: Tower Hamlets
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. As an Officer with delegated authority, use accredited specialist multi faceted skills and techniques to carry out a programme of pro active and reactive functions which will contribute to raising standards of food safety, health & safety and increased Infectious Disease Control in Tower Hamlets.
2. Manage a Unit within the Environmental Health and Trading Standards.
3. To support the Team Leader in managing the Service and to deputise in their absence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. By using appropriate interventions, using delegated powers and specialist skills (i.e. audit, inspection, enforcement powers, negotiation and persuasion) within all types of commercial activity, within the Borough, with the aim to gain and ensure compliance with Environmental Health legislation so that the standards of public health are protected and enhanced for residents, businesses and visitors.
2. Using specialist skills, make decisions on behalf of the Service relating to service requests, enforcement action, service consultations, infectious disease interventions, licence and planning applications.