Role: Highway Engineer
Rate: Negotiable (Inside IR35)
- Develop design briefs, prepare feasibility studies and detailed designs, specifications, scheme reports and contract data on a variety of projects. Undertake design work with an innovative approach considering conservation, sustainability and budget.
- Lead and contribute to design reviews ensuring design quality, monitor emerging legislation and engineering standards.
- Produce horizontal and vertical alignments.
- Programme manage schemes through the design and construction process, monitor and report on deliverables, programmes and manage change control.
- Prepare information and pre-construction phase health and safety plans for tender packages.
- Produce Bill of Quantities and contractual documentation.
- Ensure the scheme design complies with the specification and agreed programme and designs comply with health and safety regulations, CDM requirements and are assessed for environmental impact.
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders and third parties as necessary and deal with complex or contentious issues in a positive and professional manner. Communicate and co-ordinate with other members of the project team. Communicate clearly and provide regular progress reports, attend site and project board meetings and consultation events.
- Participate in and where necessary lead on, scheme consultation
- Engage in early contractor involvement with subcontractors.
- Undertake on-site inspections, provide feedback and solutions where required.