- Built Environment
Role: Housing Officer
Rate: £18-20 per hour
Allocated tasks may include the following.
1. Provide a visible and approachable presence on Southwark’s housing estates through regular inspections and patrolling.
2. To be the first point of contact for any housing related issues raised by residents of Southwark’s estates both tenant and leaseholder. Ensure that issues raised are comprehensively case managed and other services are proactively engaged so issues are resolved.
3. Provide a comprehensive tenancy and leasehold management and enforcement service, driving and managing the consistent and forceful application of Southwark’s policies and procedures.
4. Enforcement against unauthorised occupants and proactively tackling cases of housing fraud. Working with colleagues to support households to move to accommodation suitable to the size of their family and ensure properties are let quickly with a culture of payment (rent/ charges) instilled with all new residents
5. Assist in action plans for neighbourhoods to ensure they are clean, safe and well maintained to residents satisfaction.
6. Conduct Fire Risk Assessments for low rise blocks, including the recording, management and monitoring of all actions identified in the assessment.
7. Manage all cases in the areas of nuisance, ASB and vulnerability, and working closely with relevant agencies and departments to find sustainable solutions in individual issues and to bring about satisfactory resolutions.
8. Work with vulnerable residents to ensure their needs are met through the housing service and to provide a signposting service for residents with additional support needs to partner departments within the council and agencies outside of the council.
9. As required, participating in:-