- Built Environment
Role: Interim Soft Services Manager
Rate: £300 day rate
- Manage Total Facilities Management soft services contract for council, comprising cleaning & hygiene; manned security; reception; post room; porterage; grounds maintenance.
- Manage small number of other soft services providers.
- Conduct regular performance audits with contractors and own regular inspections of areas covered.
- Measure contractor performance against Service Level Agreements, ensuring targets are met and value for money is achieved.
- Ensure tight control on spend against budgets, seeking opportunities to reduce spend where possible.
- Ensure contractor outputs are to agreed standards with the aim of continuous high quality.
- Compile improvement plans and review specifications.
- Manage small LBWF internal contract monitoring team (1-2 staff).
- Work closely and harmoniously with internal FM team and contractors.
- Must have considerable, proven experience of similar work in a multi-site, mixed property portfolio.
- Public sector experience vital, additional private sector experience desirable.
- Must have appropriate H&S knowledge and experience for the role.
- BICS trained desirable.
- Must be able to be flexible to start work at 08.00 as needed.
- Must be dynamic and a self-starter, with flexible attitude and foresight to be effective in all situations.
- Must be receptive to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are vital. Excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be approachable and possess a sense of humour – a real “people person”.
- Must have a professional demeanour.