- Built Environment
Role: Local Streetcare Officer
Location: Tower Hamlets
Rate: £16-£18 per hour
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Delivering a ”generic” street based role for the residents of Tower Hamlets in a geographical area of the borough. This will include:
• Keeping publicly owned space clean, safe and environmentally friendly.
• Monitoring the cleansing, refuse and recycling collection contract’s delivered by contractors on behalf of the council.
• Providing a front line interface with residents, businesses and other bodies which includes dealing with complaints and service related issues.
• positively promote the service integration and generic working approach to Clean and Green with the public and members alike.
• Develop a strong and effective working relationship with other council departments and partner agencies in order to fulfil important outcomes of the post.
• undertake/participate in community engagement events to promote the Clean and Green agenda