- Built Environment
Role: Multi-Trade Operative
Purpose of the Role:
The Multi Trade Operative is a key role aimed at delivering a range of minor responsive maintenance activities to a diverse customer base for the repairs team whilst collecting stock data. Responsible for driving the property MOT pilot.
The purpose of the role is, but not restricted to, to deliver an outstanding “Property MOT” service initially to our most vulnerable customers, by providing a flexible, productive and efficient response while attending to a wide range of property repair, maintenance and improvement works. At the same time ensuring Health and Safety, safeguarding issues and larger repairs are reported back for follow up by others with regard to the budget position.
The multi skilled role requires the completion of various tasks to be undertaken to enable the job to be completed without the need for a follow up visit. You will also gather stock condition data by way of a tick sheet which will be collated to inform future capital projects.
1.Be the face of Enfield Council and ensure the success of the Pilot MOT service scheme.
2. Liaise with our most vulnerable residents in the first instance, to visit occupied properties to deliver an excellent MOT service.
3. With Residents present. Carry out and in-depth survey recording the condition of the property capturing external components, internal components including life expectancy, structure, and services. This robust information is to be fed back to inform and enable intelligent forward planning of Capital and Planned projects to ensure Budgets are properly focused.
4. With resident present inspect for any health and safety issues and effect immediate repairs to ensure the home is made and left safe.
5. Diagnose and value, via a schedule of rates (SORs) any further repairs to be raised to term contractors, being aware of budget limitations and implications
6. Identify and report back any perceived instances of safeguarding issues. (following awareness training) maintaining an effective channel of communication with your Line Manager, customers and housing management.